PROGRAMME OF OUTINGS, VISITS AND HOLIDAYS
Following the successful visits arranged in previous years, an extended programme of visits is being offered during 2016, with transport arranged for Knutsford U3A members. Details and booking arrangements will appear on this page of the website, also in the Newsletter, and will be announced at the monthly General Meetings.
BOOKINGS FOR OUTINGS – Clarification of Procedure
- Unless otherwise stated, all bookings must be accompanied by a bookings form and a cheque made payable to Knutsford U3A. Please write the name of the performance or outing on the back of the cheque.
- We will contact you only if your booking has not been successful. If you want confirmation that you have the places you want, please enclose a stamped addressed envelope. Usually your cheque will not be paid in until two weeks before the event.
- If an outing if fully booked when we receive your cheque you will be informed and placed on the waiting list.
- Priority will be given to U3A members. If you would like to bring someone who is not a member please put a note on the booking form to this effect and we will inform you if a place becomes available.
- We hope to take bookings for the current outing at our general meetings but, as our outings are proving very popular we cannot guarantee the availability at the time of the meeting. In other words please book early to be sure of a place!
For booking forms, which can be printed off, click here.
The outings subcommittee hope you like the outings we plan. Please contact Tim Donelly on 01565 633569 or email email@example.com if you have any ideas or suggestions for future outings.
VISIT TO JAGUAR LAND-ROVER
Friday 9th March 2018
To allow for morning traffic we will leave Knutsford Bus Station at 8.30 to ensure our 10 am arrival at the Jaguar Land Rover Plant at Halewood. On arrival we have tea/coffee while listening to a presentation which includes a Business Overview and Health and Safety information. This is followed by a tour of the factory, which lasts about an hour.
You need to be aware that the tour involves walking and standing with no opportunities for a seated rest. Also, for Health and Safety reasons, we are required to dress appropriately – arms and legs fully covered and sensible walking shoes that fully cover the feet. Photography is not allowed in the factory but photographs will be taken for us and we will have digital copies.
After the tour we will have lunch which comprises of soup, a sandwich, fruit and tea/coffee and we will leave Halewood at about 1.15 pm to make the short journey to Speke Hall.
We are not having a guided tour of Speke Hall due to the size restrictions of the rooms but there are knowledgeable guides in every room who are always willing to answer questions. It is recommended that you allow an hour to fully explore the Hall and an additional 15 minutes will enable you to see the gardens. These are a restoration of the plan laid out by Richard Watt in 1865 and can be seen from level paths which makes a circuit of the South Lawn. We will leave Speke Hall at 3.30 pm for our journey back to Knutsford.
The cost is £38.00 and this includes the coach travel, tea/coffee and biscuit on arrival, the guided tour at Halewood (which we, as an education group, are getting at half price), and lunch. Entrance to Speke Hall is free for National Trust members and £10 for non-members.
Please note: There is a special booking form for this outing. To book click here to obtain a booking form and send when completed with a cheque made payable to Knutsford U3A for £38.00 per person for National Trust members and £48.00 per person for non-members to:
Lynda Harris, 10 Lindop Close, Knutsford, WA16 8AY;
Bookings will also be taken at the Members’ Meeting in February.
VISIT TO CARDIFF
2nd to 4th September 2018
The home of the Red Dragon
Among the attractions included are:
- Big Pit Mining Museum
- Cardiff Castle
- Welsh Parliament
- The redeveloped Bay area
You will find out how and why Cardiff grew, became desolate and then re-invented itself into a beautiful thriving city.
For further details click on Cardiff Visit Details
For a booking form for the Cardiff visit click on Cardiff Visit Booking Form. Please note that this booking form with payment should be returned to Fran Cogger at 71 Parkgate, Knutsford, WA16 8HF, and not to Roy McCarthy Coaches.
If you wish to go on the Cardiff trip please secure your place by sending your application and deposit to Fran Cogger by the end of February.
For reviews of the visits to the JCB Factory at Rocester, and the Morgan Factory at Malvern, October 2014, see the Reviews of Group Events, Outings and Visits
For photos of the Hebridean Holiday, May 2017, click on Hebridean Holiday Photos
For photos from the visit to Highgrove, August 2017, click on Highgrove Visit Photos
For a review and photos of the visit to Birmingham, September 2017, see the Reviews of Group Events, Outings and Visits