PROGRAMME OF OUTINGS, VISITS AND HOLIDAYS
Following the successful visits arranged in previous years, an extended programme of visits is being offered during 2016, with transport arranged for Knutsford U3A members. Details and booking arrangements will appear on this page of the website, also in the Newsletter, and will be announced at the monthly General Meetings.
BOOKINGS FOR OUTINGS – Clarification of Procedure
- Unless otherwise stated, all bookings must be accompanied by a bookings form and a cheque made payable to Knutsford U3A. Please write the name of the performance or outing on the back of the cheque.
- We will contact you only if your booking has not been successful. If you want confirmation that you have the places you want, please enclose a stamped addressed envelope. Usually your cheque will not be paid in until two weeks before the event.
- If an outing if fully booked when we receive your cheque you will be informed and placed on the waiting list.
- Priority will be given to U3A members. If you would like to bring someone who is not a member please put a note on the booking form to this effect and we will inform you if a place becomes available.
- We hope to take bookings for the current outing at our general meetings but, as our outings are proving very popular we cannot guarantee the availability at the time of the meeting. In other words please book early to be sure of a place!
For booking forms, which can be printed off, click here.
The outings subcommittee hope you like the outings we plan. Please contact Lynda Harris on 01565 621058, or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any ideas or suggestions for future outings.
TOUR OF THE MIDLAND HOTEL , MANCHESTER
Including a ‘LIGHT TEA’
Wednesday, March 4th, 2020 Coach departs 12.30 pm
Cost, including guided tour, tea and transport, £35.00
We have arranged a guided tour of the Midland – both interior and exterior – so please dress accordingly! With a magnificent terracotta Edwardian exterior, the hotel was opened in 1903 by the Midland Railway. We will have a ‘light’ tea in the hotel after the tour , sandwiches, scone and cake, included in the price.
To book please send your cheque, payable to Knutsford U3A, to Margaret Hinde, 1 Warford Hall Drive, Alderley Edge, SK9 7TR. together with a booking form. Places will also be on sale at the general meeting on Thursday, February 9th, if they haven’t sold beforehand!
For photos of the Hebridean Holiday, May 2017, click on Hebridean Holiday Photos
For photos from the visit to Highgrove, August 2017, click on Highgrove Visit Photos
For reviews and photos of the visits listed below, see the Reviews of Group Events, Outings and Visits website page:
JCB Factory at Rocester, October 2014
Morgan Factory at Malvern, September 2015
Birmingham, September 2017
Wentworth Woodhouse, September 2018
Whitworth Art Gallery and the Portico Library, Manchester, November 2018
Chethams Library and Manchester Cathedral, March 2019
Black Country Museum, Dudley, West Midlands, May 2019
Tissington, June 2019
Cruise, Manchester Ship Canal to Liverpool, July 2019
Lichfield Cathedral and the National Memorial Arboretum, September 2019
A Day of Merchandise and Molecules: Visits to the Amazon Fulfilment Centre, near Manchester Airport, and to Waters’ Mass Spectrometry near Wilmslow, October 2019
Gorton Monastery, December 2019