PROGRAMME OF OUTINGS, VISITS AND HOLIDAYS
Following the successful visits arranged in previous years, an extended programme of visits is being offered during 2016, with transport arranged for Knutsford U3A members. Details and booking arrangements will appear on this page of the website, also in the Newsletter, and will be announced at the monthly General Meetings.
BOOKINGS FOR OUTINGS – Clarification of Procedure
- Unless otherwise stated, all bookings must be accompanied by a bookings form and a cheque made payable to Knutsford U3A. Please write the name of the performance or outing on the back of the cheque.
- We will contact you only if your booking has not been successful. If you want confirmation that you have the places you want, please enclose a stamped addressed envelope. Usually your cheque will not be paid in until two weeks before the event.
- If an outing if fully booked when we receive your cheque you will be informed and placed on the waiting list.
- Priority will be given to U3A members. If you would like to bring someone who is not a member please put a note on the booking form to this effect and we will inform you if a place becomes available.
- We hope to take bookings for the current outing at our general meetings but, as our outings are proving very popular we cannot guarantee the availability at the time of the meeting. In other words please book early to be sure of a place!
For booking forms, which can be printed off, click here.
The outings subcommittee hope you like the outings we plan. Please contact Tim Donelly on 01565 633569 or email email@example.com if you have any ideas or suggestions for future outings.
A visit to AVRO HERITAGE MUSEUM at Woodford
on 23 January 2018
followed by a visit to the
HAT WORKS MUSEUM in Stockport
Cost £25.00 to include coffee and a light lunch
The coach will leave Knutsford bus station at 9.30 am and get back to Knutsford at approximately 5 pm.
We are restricted to 35 for this outing so ‘first come first served’
Please book using the Booking Form – see above, and return it to Tim Donelly
Telephone: 01565 633569.
DATE FOR YOUR DIARY
2nd to 4th September 2018
Visit to CARDIFF
The home of the Red Dragon
Among the attractions included are:
- Big Pit Mining Museum
- Cardiff Castle
- Welsh Parliament
- The redeveloped Bay area
You will find out how and why Cardiff grew, became desolate and then re-invented itself into a beautiful thriving city.
Further details to follow soon
For reviews of the visits to the JCB Factory at Rocester, and the Morgan Factory at Malvern, October 2014, see the Reviews of Group Events, Outings and Visits
For photos of the Hebridean Holiday, May 2017, click on Hebridean Holiday Photos
For photos from the visit to Highgrove, August 2017, click on Highgrove Visit Photos
For a review and photos of the visit to Birmingham, September 2017, see the Reviews of Group Events, Outings and Visits