Financial Guidelines for Co-ordinators
Knutsford and District Branch
All groups who hold money on behalf of the members must keep account of how it is spent. The Co-ordinator, or a delegated member of the group, should be responsible for this task.
- The Group leader or Group treasurer may keep UP TO £100 in petty cash
- Larger amounts should be lodged with the U3A Treasurer
- Personal cheques UNDER £100 may be written. It is the responsibility of the writer of the cheque to claim the money from members of the group.
- Groups should not pay for anything using a personal credit card unless by special arrangement with the Committee.
- Written Rental Agreements should not be made.
- Proper records must be kept and returns sent to the Secretary of the Committee. A reminder will be sent when these returns are due.
- Those who do not hold any money should submit a nil return
- All returns can be sent by e mail.
If in doubt please contact a member of the committee
Useful phone numbers:
Chair Lynda Harris 01565 621058
Treasurer John Funnell 0161 941 4347