Financial Guidelines for Co-ordinators
Knutsford and District u3a
All Activity Groups, the Outings Committee, and the Theatre and Concert Trips organiser who hold money on behalf of the members of our u3a must keep careful records of income and expenditure. While the money relating to each Activity Group or specific event can be ‘ring fenced’ for that purpose, it actually belongs to the whole u3a, not just those members participating in a specific group or event. It now all has to form part of our end of year accounts. The Co-ordinators of the Activity Groups, or a delegated member of the group acting as Group Treasurer, should be responsible for this task.
- The Group Co-ordinator or Group Treasurer may keep UP TO £100 in petty cash.
- Larger amounts should be delivered to Adrian Long, Activities Treasurer, who will bank the money in the u3a Activity Groups’ bank account.
- Personal cheques UNDER £100 may be written. It is the responsibility of the writer of the cheque to claim the money from members of their Activity Group.
- Groups should not pay for anything using a personal credit card unless by special arrangement with the Committee.
- Written Rental Agreements should not be made by Activity Groups.
- Proper records must be kept, and an annual Financial Return completed for the Committee. The Financial Return form will be emailed to Co-ordinators by the end of each financial year (March).
- They should be completed and returned to Adrian Long, Activities Treasurer, by email or post.
- Those who do not hold any money should submit a nil return.
Useful phone numbers:
- Treasurer & Activities Treasurer – Adrian Long, Tel: 01565 632067
- Chair – Mark Barley, Tel: 0161 929 9438
- Groups Supporter – Stuart Allan, Tel: 01565 632904