Theatre and Concert Visits
Contact: Margaret Hinde, 1 Warford Hall Drive, Great Warford, Alderley Edge, Cheshire, SK9 7TR. Tel: 01565 872643 email: email@example.com
The former Performance Arts Group (which we are renaming Theatre and Concert Visits) has decided to broaden its horizons! We are making our outings available to all members of Knutsford U3A. Obviously, we will have to reserve a larger block of tickets for events that we think might be popular, and we will also have a coach to take you from Knutsford Bus Station to the door of the venue.
BOOKINGS FOR THEATRE AND CONCERT VISITS – Clarification of Procedure
- All bookings must be accompanied by a bookings form and a cheque made payable to Knutsford U3A. Please write the name of the performance or outing on the back of the cheque.
- We will contact you only if your booking has not been successful. If you want confirmation that you have the places you want, please enclose a stamped addressed envelope. Usually your cheque will not be paid in until two weeks before the event.
- If a performance is fully booked when we receive your cheque you will be informed and placed on the waiting list.
- Priority will be given to U3A members. If you would like to bring someone who is not a member please put a note on the booking form to this effect and we will inform you if a place becomes available.
- We hope to take bookings for the current performances at our general meetings but, as our outings are proving very popular we cannot guarantee the availability at the time of the meeting. In other words please book early to be sure of a place!
The next programme appears below and we hope that there will be ‘something for everyone.’ For a booking form, which can be printed off, click here, or use the one at the bottom of this page
Please use a separate booking form and separate cheque (made out to Knutsford U3A) for each performance and send to Mrs Margaret Hinde, 1 Warford Hall Drive, Great Warford, Alderley Edge, SK9 7TR. Tel:01565 872643 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
LA FILLE MAL GARDEE’
BIRMINGHAM ROYAL BALLET RETURNS TO THE LOWRY!
Thursday, October 25th, 7.30 pm Cost, including transport, £46.00
The Lowry Theatre, Salford Coach departs 6 pm
Spectacular classical ballet combines slick comedy, a clog-dancing dame, a super cute pony with a serious story of young love at its heart. Frederick Ashton’s pastoral frolic is billed as ‘the sunniest, funniest English masterpiece’, and is nothing but a delight.
I realise this is a long way ahead, but in order to retain the excellent seats which I have booked, I have to pay for them by the end of June, so please order as soon as you can. They will be on sale at the monthly meeting in June.
Tuesday, October 2nd, 7.30 pm Cost, including transport, £ 35.00
Royal Exchange Theatre, Manchester Coach departs bus station, 6 pm
This is the story of the Wars of the Roses, retold through the eyes of the extraordinary Margaret of Anjou, the wife of Henry VIth, as she steers England through the perilous days of the Civil War, struggling to retain the throne for her son.
Jeanie O’Hare, who has been literary advisor to the RSC since 2005, has recreated this story using original text from four of Shakespeare’s plays, together with Margaret’s own letters and civil war sources. Margaret is played by the delightful ‘rising star’ Jade Anouka, who has appeared in the West End and also on TV alongside Adrian Lester in ‘Trauma’.
As this is the Premiere, I can’t tell you any more about it! But I trust it will be a dramatic evening!
Please send a booking form and cheque, (see below).
BBC PHILHARMONIC AND SHEKU KANNEH-MASON
ELGAR’S CELLO CONCERTO
Thursday, November 1st, 7.30 pm Cost, including transport, £29.00
Bridgewater Hall, Manchester Coach departs, 6 pm
Think of THE royal wedding in May – Do you remember the lovely young cellist who played so beautifully? That was Sheku Kanneh-Mason, BBC Young Musician of the Year in 2016 – when only 17! – Now a 19 year old prodigy, still a student , but with a fast rising professional career, he will play the wonderful Elgar cello concerto at the Bridgewater Hall in November. I already have one star struck teenager coming up from Devon to see and hear him! It should be a real treat. As somebody has just said: ‘Well, if it’s good enough for the Royals……..’
This is paired with Ravel’s wartime suite, ‘Le tombeau de Couperin’ and Stravinsky’s electrifying ballet, ‘Petrushka’, which should cheer us all up! Played, of course, by the BBC Philharmonic Orchestra.
All tickets for this concert have now been sold.
DEATH OF A SALESMAN
By ARTHUR MILLER
Wednesday, November 14th, 7.30 pm Cost, including transport, £35.00
Royal Exchange Theatre, Manchester Coach departs, 6 pm
Sarah Frankcom, who directed ‘Our Town’, directs Arthur Miller’s well known classic about the downfall of the American Dream. Willy Loman will be played by Don Warrington, who has been regularly on our screens since the eighties, including a bout in ‘Strictly’! However, he is primarily an accomplished theatre actor, working with RSC, the National and others. His two previous performances at the Exchange have received ‘five star’ reviews, for the lead role in ‘All My Sons’ and, more recently, as King Lear. So it augurs well for another dramatic evening!
Tickets for the November 14th play have to be purchased by September 14th please. They should be available at the Members’ Meeting on September 13th. Separate cheques and forms for each performance please!
CHRISTMAS CONCERT OUTING
CAROLS BY CANDLELIGHT
Tuesday 18 December 2018
For further details of this event and booking form see the Outings and Visits page
PLEASE use a separate booking form and a separate cheque (made payable to Knutsford U3A) for each performance and send to Mrs Margaret Hinde, 1 Warford Hall Drive, Great Warford, Alderley Edge, SK9 7TR.
For further information telephone 01565 872643 or email email@example.com
Knutsford and District U3A
BOOKING FORMS FOR THEATRE & MUSIC
• Write the name of the performance or outing on the back of your cheque
• Make your cheque payable to Knutsford and District U3A
• Send a stamped, addressed envelope if you want your reservation confirmed
• If you are not making a booking at a General Meeting, please use a separate booking form and a separate cheque (made payable to Knutsford U3A) for each performance and send to Mrs Margaret Hinde, 1 Warford Hall Drive, Great Warford, Alderley Edge, SK9 7TR.
You will be contacted if your booking was NOT successful.
|BOOKING FORM – THEATRE AND MUSIC VISITS|
I/We would like to book ………… places for the following event and enclose a cheque for £………………………………….
Date and Time
Name and Address with Postcode
Phone number in case of emergency
Please send this completed form and cheque made payable to Knutsford U3A toMargaret Hinde, 1 Warford Hall Drive, Great Warford, Alderley Edge, SK9 7TR.
Tel. 01565 872643 Cheques should be made out to Knutsford U3A.