Theatre and Concert Visits
Contact: Margaret Hinde, 1 Warford Hall Drive, Great Warford, Alderley Edge, Cheshire, SK9 7TR. Tel: 01565 872643 email: email@example.com
The former Performance Arts Group (which we are renaming Theatre and Concert Visits) has decided to broaden its horizons! We are making our outings available to all members of Knutsford U3A. Obviously, we will have to reserve a larger block of tickets for events that we think might be popular, and we will also have a coach to take you from Knutsford Bus Station to the door of the venue.
BOOKINGS FOR THEATRE AND CONCERT VISITS – Clarification of Procedure
- All bookings must be accompanied by a bookings form and a cheque made payable to Knutsford U3A. Please write the name of the performance or outing on the back of the cheque.
- We will contact you only if your booking has not been successful. If you want confirmation that you have the places you want, please enclose a stamped addressed envelope. Usually your cheque will not be paid in until two weeks before the event.
- If a performance is fully booked when we receive your cheque you will be informed and placed on the waiting list.
- Priority will be given to U3A members. If you would like to bring someone who is not a member please put a note on the booking form to this effect and we will inform you if a place becomes available.
- We hope to take bookings for the current performances at our general meetings but, as our outings are proving very popular we cannot guarantee the availability at the time of the meeting. In other words please book early to be sure of a place!
The next programme appears below and we hope that there will be ‘something for everyone.’ For a booking form, which can be printed off, click here, or use the one at the bottom of this page
Please use a separate booking form and separate cheque (made out to Knutsford U3A) for each performance and send to Mrs Margaret Hinde, 1 Warford Hall Drive, Great Warford, Alderley Edge, SK9 7TR. Tel:01565 872643 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING
Shakespeare’s Greatest Romantic Comedy!
Friday, March 1st, 7.30 pm
New Vic Theatre, Stoke on Trent Cost, including transport, £29.00
Coach departs 6 pm
This is a Northern Broadsides production, (always good!), which will travel to the Lowry later in the year. Filled with ‘passion, humour and joy’, it has been updated to a 1940’s setting, when the war is over and returning soldiers swap the battlefield for a landscape of love, masked balls and merriment.
Mozart’s ‘THE MAGIC FLUTE’
Saturday, 9th March, Evening Performance, at The Lowry Theatre
Coach departs 5.30 pm
Cost, including transport, £43.00
I have just made a late booking for OPERA NORTH’S new production of Mozart’s popular opera ‘THE MAGIC FLUTE’.
‘HOME, I’M DARLING’
A New Play by Laura Wade
Tuesday, April 23rd, 7.30 pm Cost - £32.00 , including transport
The Lowry theatre, Salford Coach departs 6.00 pm.
This is certainly a strange title! But it is a very successful new play by a successful author, Laura Wade, who wrote ‘Posh’ a few years ago. It is a National Theatre production which started at Theatre Clwyd last year. It immediately transferred to the West End and has had a ‘sell-out’ winter season. The same production is doing a short National tour this Spring.
The Times gave it 5 stars, and the Guardian and the Independent both gave it 4 stars.
‘Katherine Parkinson is superb in Laura Wade’s play about a woman who lives like a 1950’s housewife in the 21st Century’ – The Guardian
‘Sharp, funny and sad and well worth a ticket. Katherine Parkinson is brilliant, treading a tricky tightrope between comic and desperately poignant’ – The Independent.
I have some centre circle seats and some centre stalls seats, so please let me know if you have a preference.
“Could it be? Yes, it could. Something’s coming – something good.”
WEST SIDE STORY
Thursday, 16th May, 7.30 pm Royal Exchange Theatre , Manchester
Cost, including transport, £40.00 Coach departs 6 pm
This needs no introduction! A similar team to the one which amazed us with ‘Sweet Charity’ and ‘Guys and Dolls’ – it has to be a popular and enjoyable evening! It’s more updated Shakespeare really , moving Romeo and Juliet to 1950’s Manhatten. The Jets and the Sharks and a passionate love story. I hope I’ve got enough tickets!
As of 3rd January, there are just 10 tickets remaining for this popular show. If not sold beforehand tickets will be available at Monthly Meeting on January 10th, or by post (see details below) until Sunday 20th January.
‘ROMEO AND JULIET’
A new ballet by Matthew Bourne
Wednesday, 12th June 7.30 Cost, including transport, £ 44.00
The Lowry Theatre, Salford Coach departs 6 pm
Two good reasons for booking this one! :-
- It is a NEW ballet by Matthew Bourne, which speaks for itself!
- I have lovely, front centre circle seats. (but only 40 of them)
I don’t think I need to say any more!
PLEASE use a separate booking form and a separate cheque (made payable to Knutsford U3A) for each performance and send to Mrs Margaret Hinde, 1 Warford Hall Drive, Great Warford, Alderley Edge, SK9 7TR.
For further information telephone 01565 872643 or email email@example.com
Knutsford and District U3A
BOOKING FORMS FOR THEATRE & MUSIC
• Write the name of the performance or outing on the back of your cheque
• Make your cheque payable to Knutsford and District U3A
• Send a stamped, addressed envelope if you want your reservation confirmed
• If you are not making a booking at a General Meeting, please use a separate booking form and a separate cheque (made payable to Knutsford U3A) for each performance and send to Mrs Margaret Hinde, 1 Warford Hall Drive, Great Warford, Alderley Edge, SK9 7TR.
You will be contacted if your booking was NOT successful.
|BOOKING FORM – THEATRE AND MUSIC VISITS|
I/We would like to book ………… places for the following event and enclose a cheque for £………………………………….
Date and Time
Name and Address with Postcode
Phone number in case of emergency
Please send this completed form and cheque made payable to Knutsford U3A toMargaret Hinde, 1 Warford Hall Drive, Great Warford, Alderley Edge, SK9 7TR.
Tel. 01565 872643 Cheques should be made out to Knutsford U3A.