Theatre and Concert Visits
Contact: Margaret Hinde, 1 Warford Hall Drive, Great Warford, Alderley Edge, Cheshire, SK9 7TR. Tel: 01565 872643 email: email@example.com
The former Performance Arts Group (which we are renaming Theatre and Concert Visits) has decided to broaden its horizons! We are making our outings available to all members of Knutsford U3A. Obviously, we will have to reserve a larger block of tickets for events that we think might be popular, and we will also have a coach to take you from Knutsford Bus Station to the door of the venue.
BOOKINGS FOR THEATRE AND CONCERT VISITS – Clarification of Procedure
- All bookings must be accompanied by a bookings form and a cheque made payable to Knutsford U3A. Please write the name of the performance or outing on the back of the cheque.
- We will contact you only if your booking has not been successful. If you want confirmation that you have the places you want, please enclose a stamped addressed envelope. Usually your cheque will not be paid in until two weeks before the event.
- If a performance is fully booked when we receive your cheque you will be informed and placed on the waiting list.
- Priority will be given to U3A members. If you would like to bring someone who is not a member please put a note on the booking form to this effect and we will inform you if a place becomes available.
- We hope to take bookings for the current performances at our general meetings but, as our outings are proving very popular we cannot guarantee the availability at the time of the meeting. In other words please book early to be sure of a place!
The next programme appears below and we hope that there will be ‘something for everyone.’ For a booking form, which can be printed off, click here, or use the one at the bottom of this page
Please use a separate booking form and separate cheque (made out to Knutsford U3A) for each performance and send to Mrs Margaret Hinde, 1 Warford Hall Drive, Great Warford, Alderley Edge, SK9 7TR. Tel:01565 872643 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
‘HOME, I’M DARLING’
A New Play by Laura Wade
Tuesday, April 23rd, 7.30 pm Cost - £32.00 , including transport
The Lowry theatre, Salford Coach departs 6.00 pm.
This is certainly a strange title! But it is a very successful new play by a successful author, Laura Wade, who wrote ‘Posh’ a few years ago. It is a National Theatre production which started at Theatre Clwyd last year. It immediately transferred to the West End and has had a ‘sell-out’ winter season. The same production is doing a short National tour this Spring.
The Times gave it 5 stars, and the Guardian and the Independent both gave it 4 stars.
‘Katherine Parkinson is superb in Laura Wade’s play about a woman who lives like a 1950’s housewife in the 21st Century’ – The Guardian
‘Sharp, funny and sad and well worth a ticket. Katherine Parkinson is brilliant, treading a tricky tightrope between comic and desperately poignant’ – The Independent.
I have some centre circle seats and some centre stalls seats, so please let me know if you have a preference.
“Could it be? Yes, it could. Something’s coming – something good.”
WEST SIDE STORY
Thursday, 16th May, 7.30 pm Royal Exchange Theatre , Manchester
Cost, including transport, £40.00 Coach departs 6 pm
This needs no introduction! A similar team to the one which amazed us with ‘Sweet Charity’ and ‘Guys and Dolls’ – it has to be a popular and enjoyable evening! It’s more updated Shakespeare really , moving Romeo and Juliet to 1950’s Manhatten. The Jets and the Sharks and a passionate love story. I hope I’ve got enough tickets!
‘ROMEO AND JULIET’
A new ballet by Matthew Bourne
Wednesday, 12th June 7.30 Cost, including transport, £ 44.00
The Lowry Theatre, Salford Coach departs 6 pm
Two good reasons for booking this one! :-
- It is a NEW ballet by Matthew Bourne, which speaks for itself!
- I have lovely, front centre circle seats. (but only 40 of them)
I don’t think I need to say any more!
MAHLER’S CHORAL SYMPHONY NO. 8
With Chethams Symphony Orchestra
Friday, 5th July, 7.30 pm Cost, including transport, £ 27.00
The Bridgewater Hall Coach departs 6 pm.
Mahler’s Choral symphony has become known as the ‘Symphony of a Thousand Voices’. I doubt if there will be quite that many in this performance, but I can promise you at least six choirs! The Chethams Chorus; Leeds Festival Chorus; Manchester Cathedral Choristers; St George’s Singers; Greater Manchester Youth Choir and Hereford Cathedral Children’s Choir. It should make for a glorious sound!
Considered one of the greatest symphonic masterpieces of the repertoire, it is Mahler’s colossal vision of ‘the whole universe ringing and resounding’ – a truly mighty work.
This concert is the centrepiece of Chetham’s School of Music 50th anniversary year celebrations, so I am sure the whole hall will resound with youthful enthusiasm and talent. Another unique occasion.
DATE FOR YOUR DIARY
‘Les Miserables’ at the Lowry. Wednesday 20th May 2020. (Further details next January (2020).
PLEASE use a separate booking form and a separate cheque (made payable to Knutsford U3A) for each performance and send to Mrs Margaret Hinde, 1 Warford Hall Drive, Great Warford, Alderley Edge, SK9 7TR.
For further information telephone 01565 872643 or email email@example.com
Knutsford and District U3A
BOOKING FORMS FOR THEATRE & MUSIC
• Write the name of the performance or outing on the back of your cheque
• Make your cheque payable to Knutsford and District U3A
• Send a stamped, addressed envelope if you want your reservation confirmed
• If you are not making a booking at a General Meeting, please use a separate booking form and a separate cheque (made payable to Knutsford U3A) for each performance and send to Mrs Margaret Hinde, 1 Warford Hall Drive, Great Warford, Alderley Edge, SK9 7TR.
You will be contacted if your booking was NOT successful.
|BOOKING FORM – THEATRE AND MUSIC VISITS|
I/We would like to book ………… places for the following event and enclose a cheque for £………………………………….
Date and Time
Name and Address with Postcode
Phone number in case of emergency
Please send this completed form and cheque made payable to Knutsford U3A toMargaret Hinde, 1 Warford Hall Drive, Great Warford, Alderley Edge, SK9 7TR.
Tel. 01565 872643 Cheques should be made out to Knutsford U3A.