Theatre and Concert Visits
Contact: Margaret Hinde, 1 Warford Hall Drive, Great Warford, Alderley Edge, Cheshire, SK9 7TR. Tel: 01565 872643 email: email@example.com
The former Performance Arts Group (which we are renaming Theatre and Concert Visits) has decided to broaden its horizons! We are making our outings available to all members of Knutsford U3A. Obviously, we will have to reserve a larger block of tickets for events that we think might be popular, and we will also have a coach to take you from Knutsford Bus Station to the door of the venue.
BOOKINGS FOR THEATRE AND CONCERT VISITS – Clarification of Procedure
- All bookings must be accompanied by a bookings form and a cheque made payable to Knutsford U3A. Please write the name of the performance or outing on the back of the cheque.
- We will contact you only if your booking has not been successful. If you want confirmation that you have the places you want, please enclose a stamped addressed envelope. Usually your cheque will not be paid in until two weeks before the event.
- If a performance is fully booked when we receive your cheque you will be informed and placed on the waiting list.
- Priority will be given to U3A members. If you would like to bring someone who is not a member please put a note on the booking form to this effect and we will inform you if a place becomes available.
- We hope to take bookings for the current performances at our general meetings but, as our outings are proving very popular we cannot guarantee the availability at the time of the meeting. In other words please book early to be sure of a place!
The next programme appears below and we hope that there will be ‘something for everyone.’ For a booking form, which can be printed off, click here, or use the one at the bottom of this page
Please use a separate booking form and separate cheque (made out to Knutsford U3A) for each performance and send to Mrs Margaret Hinde, 1 Warford Hall Drive, Great Warford, Alderley Edge, SK9 7TR. Tel:01565 872643 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
‘PAINT YOUR WAGON’
Friday, May 18th, 7.30 pm Cost, including transport, £ 31.00
Everyman Theatre, Liverpool Coach departs 5.30 pm
‘A sensational, foot-tapping, musical hoedown’
Last year we went to ‘Fiddler on the Roof’ in this newly rebuilt theatre and I think we all thoroughly enjoyed it. The same production team are staging ‘Paint Your Wagon’ , which is a recommendation in itself. The Company say the Wild West music makes you smile and it will be a fun night out, albeit with some lyrical and tender moments in it, with some well known songs such as ‘Wandering Star’ and ‘I Talk to the Trees’. The story is set in the Gold Rush days in California.
Tickets for ‘Paint your Wagon’ have to be paid for by March 14th.
‘QUEENS OF THE COAL AGE’
Written by Maxine Peake
Tuesday, July 10th, 7.30 pm Cost, including transport, £ 36.00
Royal Exchange, Manchester Coach departs 6 pm
‘A powerful play, full of Northern wit’.
This is a new play, written especially for the Royal Exchange, by Maxine Peake. ‘Queens of the Coal Age’ is the true story of four ordinary women, in 1993, facing up to the closure of the Parkside colliery pit. They take a tour down the pit and refuse to come up! It sounds a dramatic and entertaining evening.
Tickets for ‘Queens of the Coal Age’ have to be paid for by May 8th
LA FILLE MAL GARDEE’
BIRMINGHAM ROYAL BALLET RETURNS TO THE LOWRY!
Thursday, October 25th, 7.30 pm Cost, including transport, £46.00
The Lowry Theatre, Salford Coach departs 6 pm
Spectacular classical ballet combines slick comedy, a clog-dancing dame, a super cute pony with a serious story of young love at its heart. Frederick Ashton’s pastoral frolic is billed as ‘the sunniest, funniest English masterpiece’, and is nothing but a delight.
I realise this is a long way ahead, but in order to retain the excellent seats which I have booked, I have to pay for them by the end of June, so please order as soon as you can. They will be on sale at the monthly meetings in May and June.
PLEASE use a separate booking form and a separate cheque (made payable to Knutsford U3A) for each performance and send to Mrs Margaret Hinde, 1 Warford Hall Drive, Great Warford, Alderley Edge, SK9 7TR.
For further information telephone 01565 872643 or email email@example.com
Knutsford and District U3A
BOOKING FORMS FOR THEATRE & MUSIC
• Write the name of the performance or outing on the back of your cheque
• Make your cheque payable to Knutsford and District U3A
• Send a stamped, addressed envelope if you want your reservation confirmed
• If you are not making a booking at a General Meeting, please use a separate booking form and a separate cheque (made payable to Knutsford U3A) for each performance and send to Mrs Margaret Hinde, 1 Warford Hall Drive, Great Warford, Alderley Edge, SK9 7TR.
You will be contacted if your booking was NOT successful.
|BOOKING FORM – THEATRE AND MUSIC VISITS|
I/We would like to book ………… places for the following event and enclose a cheque for £………………………………….
Date and Time
Name and Address with Postcode
Phone number in case of emergency
Please send this completed form and cheque made payable to Knutsford U3A toMargaret Hinde, 1 Warford Hall Drive, Great Warford, Alderley Edge, SK9 7TR.
Tel. 01565 872643 Cheques should be made out to Knutsford U3A.