Theatre and Concert Visits
Contact: Margaret Hinde, 1 Warford Hall Drive, Great Warford, Alderley Edge, Cheshire, SK9 7TR. Tel: 01565 872643 email: email@example.com
The former Performance Arts Group (which we are renaming Theatre and Concert Visits) has decided to broaden its horizons! We are making our outings available to all members of Knutsford U3A. Obviously, we will have to reserve a larger block of tickets for events that we think might be popular, and we will also have a coach to take you from Knutsford Bus Station to the door of the venue.
BOOKINGS FOR THEATRE AND CONCERT VISITS – Clarification of Procedure
- All bookings must be accompanied by a bookings form and a cheque made payable to Knutsford U3A. Please write the name of the performance or outing on the back of the cheque.
- We will contact you only if your booking has not been successful. If you want confirmation that you have the places you want, please enclose a stamped addressed envelope. Usually your cheque will not be paid in until two weeks before the event.
- If a performance is fully booked when we receive your cheque you will be informed and placed on the waiting list.
- Priority will be given to U3A members. If you would like to bring someone who is not a member please put a note on the booking form to this effect and we will inform you if a place becomes available.
- We hope to take bookings for the current performances at our general meetings but, as our outings are proving very popular we cannot guarantee the availability at the time of the meeting. In other words please book early to be sure of a place!
The next programme appears below and we hope that there will be ‘something for everyone.’ For a booking form, which can be printed off, click here, or use the one at the bottom of this page
Please use a separate booking form and separate cheque (made out to Knutsford U3A) for each performance and send to Mrs Margaret Hinde, 1 Warford Hall Drive, Great Warford, Alderley Edge, SK9 7TR. Tel:01565 872643 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
BEETHOVEN’S SYMPHONY NO 5
With the HALLE ORCHESTRA
A ‘BEYOND THE SCORE’ CONCERT
Sunday March 15th 2020 at 4.00 pm FULLY BOOKED
Bridgewater Hall, Manchester Coach leaves bus station at 2.30 pm
By now many of you will be familiar with the fascinating format of the Halle ‘Beyond the Score’ concerts which give a dramatic exploration of a single work, in this case Beethoven’s 5th.
In the first half we are treated to live actors, stunning visual projections and excerpts performed by the Halle to give us the background story of the piece. After the interval the Halle will perform the complete symphony. I think those of you who have been with us on two previous occasions have thoroughly enjoyed the formula.
(Please note that this concert is part of the Opus series, so you may already have subscribed to it!)
‘THE KITE RUNNER’
Based on the novel by Khaled Hosseini
Wednesday, April 8th, 2020, 7.30 pm FULLY BOOKED
The Lowry theatre, Salford Coach departs 6 pm prompt
This production is based on the successful novel, also called ‘the Kite Runner’, by Khaled Hosseini. It comes from the London West End, where it gained 5 star reviews in the national papers, calling it a ‘spell binding production’. Set in Afghanistan when on the verge of war, the haunting and powerful story tells how the lives of two best friends are torn apart by a terrible incident , which takes place during a kite flying tournament.
Wednesday, May 20th, 2020, 7.30 pm. Cost, including transport, £60.00
The Lowry Theatre, Salford Coach departs 6 pm prompt
All of the circle seats for ‘Les Miserables’ are now sold. So I have reserved a dozen side stalls seats, which were the best available now. They are about two thirds of the way back in the theatre, but I’m sure you won’t have any difficulty hearing! They are slightly cheaper at £60 each and there are still a few available until 21st March.
To book, please send separate cheques , payable to Knutsford U3A, to Margaret Hinde, 1 Warford Hall Drive, Alderley Edge, SK9 7TR, together with a booking form.
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
Thursday 26th November – At The Lowry Theatre
Matthew Bourne’s Ballet ‘Nutcracker’
Tchaikovsky’s glorious score and Anthony Ward’s delectable sets and costumes combine with Bourne’s dazzling choreography to create a fresh and charmingly irreverent interpretation of this classic ballet.
Details follow later in the year
PLEASE use a separate booking form and a separate cheque (made payable to Knutsford U3A) for each performance and send to Mrs Margaret Hinde, 1 Warford Hall Drive, Great Warford, Alderley Edge, SK9 7TR.
For further information telephone 01565 872643 or email email@example.com
Knutsford and District U3A
BOOKING FORMS FOR THEATRE & MUSIC
• Write the name of the performance or outing on the back of your cheque
• Make your cheque payable to Knutsford and District U3A
• Send a stamped, addressed envelope if you want your reservation confirmed
• If you are not making a booking at a General Meeting, please use a separate booking form and a separate cheque (made payable to Knutsford U3A) for each performance and send to Mrs Margaret Hinde, 1 Warford Hall Drive, Great Warford, Alderley Edge, SK9 7TR.
You will be contacted if your booking was NOT successful.
|BOOKING FORM – THEATRE AND MUSIC VISITS|
I/We would like to book ………… places for the following event and enclose a cheque for £………………………………….
Date and Time
Name and Address with Postcode
Phone number in case of emergency
Please send this completed form and cheque made payable to Knutsford U3A to Margaret Hinde, 1 Warford Hall Drive, Great Warford, Alderley Edge, SK9 7TR.
Tel. 01565 872643 Cheques should be made out to Knutsford U3A.