Book Group 2
Co-ordinator: Carole English
Tel: 01565 625815
Book group 2 is currently full. We meet on the third Thursday of the month at 10.30.
Books are chosen by the members, and we try to have a good mix of classics and modern fiction, along with a sample of member’s favourites.
We discuss plot, characters, ideas and writing. Our group is very articulate and the discussions are interesting and stimulating.
Recent titles we have read have included:
- The Dutch House by Ann Patchett
- Small Island by Andrea Levy
- The Garden of Evening Mists by Tan Twan Eng
- The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox by Maggie O’Farrell
- Girl, Woman, Other by Bernadine Everisto
- The Offing by Benjamin Myers
- The Fortnight in September by R.C.Sherriff
- Persuasion by Jane Austen.