Book Group 2
Co-ordinator: Carole English
Tel: 01565 625815
Book group 2 has room for a few new members. We meet on the third Thursday of the month at 10.30. Although we have been using Zoom during lockdown, we are now hoping to meet face to face again from September.
Books are chosen by the members, and we try to have a good mix of classics and modern fiction, along with a sample of member’s favourites.
We discuss plot, characters, ideas and writing. Our group is very articulate and the discussions are interesting and stimulating.
Recent titles we have read have included:
- The Dutch House by Ann Patchett
- Small Island by Andrea Levy
- The Garden of Evening Mists by Tan Twan Eng
- The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox by Maggie O’Farrell
- Girl, Woman, Other by Bernadine Everisto
- The Offing by Benjamin Myers
- The Fortnight in September by R.C.Sherriff
- Persuasion by Jane Austen.