Outings, Visits and Holidays
Contact: Lynda Harris
Tel: 01565 621058
Details and booking arrangements will appear on this page of the website, also in the Newsletter, and will be announced at the monthly General Meetings.
BOOKINGS FOR OUTINGS – Clarification of Procedure
- Unless otherwise stated, all bookings must be accompanied by a bookings form and a cheque made payable to Knutsford U3A. Please write the name of the performance or outing on the back of the cheque.
- We will contact you only if your booking has not been successful. If you want confirmation that you have the places you want, please enclose a stamped addressed envelope. Usually your cheque will not be paid in until two weeks before the event.
- If an outing if fully booked when we receive your cheque you will be informed and placed on the waiting list.
- Priority will be given to U3A members. If you would like to bring someone who is not a member please put a note on the booking form to this effect and we will inform you if a place becomes available.
- We hope to take bookings for the current outing at our general meetings but, as our outings are proving very popular we cannot guarantee the availability at the time of the meeting. In other words please book early to be sure of a place!
For booking forms, which can be printed off, click here.
The outings subcommittee hope you like the outings we plan. Please contact Lynda Harris on 01565 621058, or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any ideas or suggestions for future outings.
FURTHER AFTERNOON VISIT TO THE RHS GARDEN, BRIDGEWATER
Wednesday 28th July 2021
Coach departs Knutsford Bus Station at 12 noon
Cost £20 a head. (RHS Members, £12 a head)
The trip arranged for early July was very popular and quickly became over-subscribed. For this reason, we have now arranged a further visit to the RHS Garden Bridgewater on the afternoon of Wednesday 28th July. You may remember the entertaining talk given to us by two of their employees, describing how the garden has been developed in the grounds of Worsley New Hall. Though this talk seems a long time ago now, before all the Covid delays!
The coach will depart from the Bus Station at 12 noon, prompt.
Currently the RHS are not offering guided tours, so you will be free to wander round the 154 acres at will. Volunteer guides will be situated around the garden.
However, in lieu of the tours, the RHS have offered us their published guide, normally priced at £6, at half price when booking. So, we have included one copy, for 2 people to share, with the ticket price. Should you require your own copy, for single use, please add £2 to your payment.
The Bridgewater offers lunch or light refreshments, with indoor and outdoor seating, for you to buy your own. (Mask and credit card required.) You could, of course, bring your own picnic to eat in the gardens. Picnic tables have been provided.
Members of the Royal Horticultural Society do not pay to enter the gardens. Please indicate on the booking form if you are a member and provide your membership number.
Finally, nearer the time, if you feel you would prefer to follow the coach in your own car, you are obviously welcome to do so – but we will not be issuing refunds for the coach fare!
In this case, please meet the coach In Booths car park and sign in as usual, so I know you are doing this. Tickets will not be available until we arrive at the garden, so, initially, we need to keep together.
Please note we have a limited number of places, so early booking is advisable.
Please complete and return the booking form as soon as possible, together with your cheque made out to Knutsford U3A to: –
Mrs M. Hinde,1, Warford Hall Drive, Alderley Edge, SK9 7TR. Phone 01565872643
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
For photos of the Hebridean Holiday, May 2017, click on Hebridean Holiday Photos
For photos from the visit to Highgrove, August 2017, click on Highgrove Visit Photos
For reviews and photos of the visits listed below, see the Reviews of Group Events, Outings and Visits website page:
JCB Factory at Rocester, October 2014
Morgan Factory at Malvern, September 2015
Birmingham, September 2017
Wentworth Woodhouse, September 2018
Whitworth Art Gallery and the Portico Library, Manchester, November 2018
Chethams Library and Manchester Cathedral, March 2019
Black Country Museum, Dudley, West Midlands, May 2019
Tissington, June 2019
Cruise, Manchester Ship Canal to Liverpool, July 2019
Lichfield Cathedral and the National Memorial Arboretum, September 2019
A Day of Merchandise and Molecules: Visits to the Amazon Fulfilment Centre, near Manchester Airport, and to Waters’ Mass Spectrometry near Wilmslow, October 2019
Gorton Monastery, December 2019