Apply to Join On-line
Please note that this page is for NEW membership applications only. Existing members should not renew here but should go to the Renew On-line
To join again after a lapse of more than a year, please contact the membership secretary at email@example.com
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF MEMBERSHIP
All members must:
- Abide by the Principles of the u3a movement
- Act in the best interests of the u3a and never do anything to bring the u3a into disrepute
- Abide by the terms and conditions of the constitution
- Treat fellow members with respect and courtesy at all times
- Comply with and support the decisions of the elected committee
- Advise the committee of any change in your personal details.
Membership records are held on computer and comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations 2018. These records are used only for purposes directly connected to u3a activities, and are not revealed to third parties.
Knutsford and District u3a requires members to provide their personal information so that you can be kept informed about events and activities that are offered as part of your membership. In collecting your information Knutsford and District u3a will:
- Store it securely
- Use it to communicate with you as a u3a member
- Share your information with Activity Group Co-ordinators, for those groups that you are a member of
- Send you general information about the Third Age Trust*.
*The Third Age Trust are the national office to which all u3as are affiliated.
Principles and Ethos of the u3a
Applicants should note that the u3a is a self-help organisation run by volunteers. In the light of this, members are encouraged to participate both in their Activity Groups and in the running of the organisation as a whole and consider whether they can volunteer in any of the roles required to facilitate the stability and continuation of the organisation. These may include Committee membership, Activity Group co-ordinator, membership of sub-committees, tea rota helper, etc.
On joining you will be giving your consent to your data being shared with the company who oversee the distribution of the Third Age Trust Magazines. Please be advised that you can request for your data not to be used for the direct postal mailing of Third Age Trust magazines at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
A guide to joining on-line can be found here
If you agree to abide to the Terms and Conditions of Membership and accept the Privacy Statement then to apply on-line please click here